What is Long-term Disability Insurance?
Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD) covers a portion of your income while you are disabled for an extended period of time. This coverage can help you avoid the financial interruption that a covered injury or illness may have on your life.
View our complete Long-term Disability Insurance brochure.
Additional benefits include:
To assist you with necessary work-place modifications to accommodate your return to work, benefits are available that reimburse your employer for reasonable expenses related to the modifications.
Family care credit
If, while disabled, you incur family care expenses in order to participate in an approved rehabilitation program, we will reduce the earnings used to determine benefits.
If you have been disabled and received benefits under the policy, for at least 180 consecutive days, in the event of your death during that period of disability, your spouse or dependent children will receive a lump sum benefit equal to three times the last monthly LTD benefit paid for your disability.
Employee Assistance Program
To cope with life’s challenges, you and your family may choose to receive behavioral health, financial, and legal consultation from qualified professionals. This program is confidential and provides personalized guidance on issues that affect one’s emotions, health, job, and life.
Personalized guidance services
- Unlimited 24-hour, toll-free telephone access to a behavioral health clinician
- Five telephone or face-to-face consultation sessions per year with a behavioral health clinician, financial planner, and/or legal advisor
- Referrals to local community and government resources
- Unlimited interactive Web services
- LTD claimants receive five additional sessions with a behavioral health clinician
Why EPIC Specialty Benefits?
- Customer service is our number one priority, and it shows! For 6 consecutive years, our customers have rated their overall satisfaction with EPIC at an average of 96% or better.
- Decisions on short-term disability claims are made within 2 days, not weeks. Payments are sent to you while the claim is being processed.
- Solid Midwest culture and work ethic for more than 30 years.
- Aligned with WPS Health Insurance – Providing health insurance coverage for more than 69 years.
A serious illness or injury can impact more than your health – it may take you away from work, resulting in lost income.